1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Previous Threads:

Season 9 Art:
    TheWalkingDead_S09_001.

Has a Fallout 3 vibe to it that I love. If they do end up writing Andrew Lincoln out of the series this season, hopefully it's not because they killed him off but because he became PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED EFFING STATES OF AMERICA.

:D

TravisR likes this.
  2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Rick's look from the current comic books has translated pretty well to live action.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Cast is dwindling.... LOL!

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I don't like that but it could work. That being said, I give them credit for not trying to play "Will Rick die (or leave the area) or won't he?"

6. Message #7 of 58 Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    So apparently cars are finally not run-able anymore in the time skip for the next season and we're back to horse and carriage and it's going to be more like the old west. And a new showrunner. So I'll give it another chance.

This is not a spoiler, btw, but direct from pictures and info in the latest Entertainment Weekly coverage of Comic Con.

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

There's apparently going to be an 18-24 month time jump between the last season finale and the season premiere. Then, after Andrew Lincoln leaves the show after several episodes, there's going to be a more significant time jump -- 5 or 6 years -- for the remainder of the season.

ChristopherG and TravisR like this.
  8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Given all the cast changes. that sounds like a pretty good move. I still think this season is going to have the ratings crash and fan backlash akin to Seasons Eight and Nine of The X-Files (when Duchovny stopped being a regular on the show) though.

For the record, S8 of The X-Files was still great- Duchovny or no Duchovny.

9. johnnybear

johnnybear Agent

John Harley
    How can the show survive without Rick? It's his story!!! It's his view of the apocalypse that we have been following for the last eight years! It was madness to let Carl go considering his role is still on going in the comics as well! A lot of fans are going to vacate the series with this stupidity! Gimpel is aptly named!
    JB

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

In other news, Chris Hardwick to return to The Talking Dead...

11. johnnybear

johnnybear Agent

John Harley
    Well that abuse and beating charge, did he get over that?
    JB

12. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    There were no charges. Just the writings of a jealous ex. Nothing in her fictitious story was illegal even if true. And there was never anything said about "beating". All of his ex girlfriends have come to his defense. And even AMC's own private detectives could find no reason to believe her. This whole ordeal was simply over reaction to a blog post by someone who was looking for attention and it blew up in her face. There was never any reports to police or charges, no crimes, just the lynch mob that no longer believes someone is innocent until prove guilty.

She even edited the story a few days later to change the "abuse" to "violated" which I am sure she was told to do by legal council because "sexual abuse" is a legal term, and "sexually violated" is a feeling and not a legal term. She also tried to blackmail him which is a crime that for some reason nobody seems to mention.

I am not saying he is completely in the right, but everything she described is just him being a crappy boyfriend, noting more.

It has also come to light that after the breakup, she was texting him desperately trying to get back together. That does not sound like she was a victim, just a crazy ex. Unfortunately the "metoo" movement has turned into such a reactionary group that they are hurting the women who are really being abused by crying wolf all the time.

13. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    If Andrew Lincoln wants to leave, that's fine...certainly can't fault him for that. What I don't understand is why they made it public, and so quickly. Really ruins any element of surprise there would have been. I have to wonder if it's a desperation move by AMC with the falling ratings that they're thinking this might get more people to tune in, at least in the beginning.

14. johnnybear

johnnybear Agent

John Harley
    More people to tune in? How's that again? It's Rick's story and by him leaving we lose the feeling that it's going to conclude with a brave new world just a show to make the suits even more money!
    JB

15. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Fear obviously thought Kim Dickens was expendable as the most relate-able lead, and Rick's pretty much worn out his pained expressions, so the show needs a jolt to move forward and it will either thrive or go bust after this.

In today's entertainment news world, it would have been hard to conceal Lincoln planning to leave the show. We already knew about Maggie leaving. I think they look at it as publicity for the season to attract some more curious eyeballs, and not a negative.

16. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I think they knew that any effort to hide it would be futile.

17. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Maggie's leaving too? I really need to just not read this thread. So much for spoiler tags.

18. Tommy R

Tommy R Supporting Actor

Tommy
    Yeah, I would have liked to have known nothing too, but it was news headlines all of the internet that spoiled it for me. There seemed no escaping it. It seems the producers of the show WANT everyone to know who's all leaving.

19. johnnybear

johnnybear Agent

John Harley
    I've recently read that Lauren Cohan has settled her dispute with the suits! Not sure if that means that she is staying or not?
    JB