1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

WBShop Warner Archive 4 for $44 + Free Shipping 8/31/2018 through 9/3/2018

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by David Norman, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Message #1 of 36 Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

According to a couple people that have contacted WBShop they are aware of the problem with the current sale list and are working on a correction -- stay tuned

The Summer 4 for $44 +Free Shipping sale is apparently a Labor Day sale this year -- Friday through Monday (assuming Monday 11:59pm some time zone)

http://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44-sale

It seems items released through December 2017 (I think Superman is still excluded) may be included:

Add 4 Sale items to your cart and the price should drop to $11 ea. EACH additional sale item should add at $11 so no need to buy them in batches of 4.

2500 titles with about 120 Blurays that I can find. I can't find a way yet to filter the BD out of the sale list.

So far Blu-rays which aren't included at 10am ET including all 4 which are in the Sale Banner so expect some changes in the list. As best as I can tell this is the same sale list as the March Sale

Pre-orders as expected
    Anything released in 2018 as far as I can tell.
    anything above regular price 21.99 -- as usual
    Superman: The Movie Extended Cut

Osato and B-ROLL like this.
  2. Ryan Barrett

Ryan Barrett Agent

Ryan Barrett
    Apologies if I've misunderstood, but there are a few titles I'd like to grab, including a pre-order for BIG WEDNESDAY. Have pre-orders been included in the past?

Osato likes this.
  3. David Norman

David Norman Producer

No pre-orders and normally they exclude anything released in the previous 60-90 days EXCEPT for the December "apology sale" b/c they screwed up the Black Friday sale so badly and excluded the prior 6 months of releases. In December they pretty much allowed all $21.99 current Bluray release EXCEPT Superman The Movie Extended. I can't say if the DVD side of things was similarly messed up since I just don't pay any attention to them.

You may have to wait until the Nov/Dec sale to get Big Wed on the cheap.

Osato and Ryan Barrett like this.
  4. RBailey

RBailey Second Unit

John Hall
    Only Blu-rays this time around?

5. Ryan Barrett

Ryan Barrett Agent

Ryan Barrett
    Thanks David!

6. Mike2001

Mike2001 Second Unit

Mike
    You can filter on Blu-ray for the sale in the left menu - about 2/3rds of the way down there is an MOD blu filter. It pulls up 131 items. Colossus of Rhodes was on the list so it’s not a complete 2018 shutout. Thee may have been more but I can’t remember the full 2018 list off the top of my head.

7. Message #7 of 36 Aug 31, 2018
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

No, there are 2500 items only 130+ are BD. None of them pop up until about 100 items into the list, but there are lots of DVDs

DVDs
    http://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44-sale/made-to-order-dvd?sort_by=created-descending&collection=48

BDs
    http://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44-sale/made-to-order-blu-ray?collection=48&sort_by=created-descending

Interesting on the filter -- it's not showing up on Chrome for me at all on the SALE PAGE Link, but on FF it's there and working. I'm not if some adblocker or Chrome Filter/Cache is blocking me for now.

With Firefox the sort filter (release date, a-z, price) are also working which they aren't on Chrome.
    Colossus, Superfly and lot of the other new items are on the list, but not discounting for me (yet) when adding to the cart. I still can't get any of the 2018 items to discount at all -- so assumption is that the sale includes items through the end of June (Super-Fly) ONCE it's working EXCEPT Superman Extended which appears to not be included again.

Osato likes this.
  8. Mike2001

Mike2001 Second Unit

Mike
    I had it sorted by “Best Sellers”. It made me wonder how they count because many of the more recent ones were at the bottom of the list.

9. Message #9 of 36 Aug 31, 2018
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

The sales titles appear to be working as intended now.

No July or August releases, no Superman Extended, but the 2018 Jan-June titles are ringing up $11 now.

EDIT: From below Seven Brides for Seven Brothers also excluded.

B-ROLL likes this.
  10. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Never any forewarning with the Archive, is there? It’s always just SURPRIZE there’s a sale!

11. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Seems to be their thing though a couple are a bit less surprising though not really the summer sale - June 2016, July 2017, Labor Day 2018.

Around Black Friday and around Spring Equinox have been typical. Last year they threw a twist after the BF weekend deal when they started a 2nd/better sale a couple days later.

The spring sale I missed guessing by 36 hrs, but it just started a couple days later than 2016/2017. Or else they saw me post a "Heads up, it time, so watch closely the next couple days" and then pulled the sale 2 days later just to kick me a little

B-ROLL likes this.
  12. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Also no Seven Brides, so apparently 2-disc titles are never going to be part of the 4 for $44 sales.

Osato likes this.
  13. M90GM

M90GM Agent

JUSTIN
    The titles included seem to include almost everything even a mid June release title Colossus of Rhodes (why they gave this failed Leone first effort a blu ray release ...unless it has a new lease of life now...the quality was ok ...I was one of those who purchased merely for the "novelty" value. . . . an M-G-M Italian historic and Sergio Leone ' s first as a featured Director.

My entire library is almost is included - great deal to buy up big.

Rodney likes this.
  14. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    You can also order more than 4 and the sale price applies to everything

15. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Yes -- commonly asked and mentioned in the OP. -- no requirement to do groups of 4.
    Just bolded it for emphasis

16. Rodney

Rodney Screenwriter
    Supporter

The site was giving me fits in Safari, but I was finally able to get it alphabetical and went through the titles that way. Anyone else notice that a lot of the titles were under The instead of where you would expect them to be in alphabetical order?

17. GlennF

GlennF Second Unit
    Supporter

Glenn Frost
    Time to vent my frustration again. I can buy Warner Archive titles in Canada through Amazon or companies like Import Cds, but not from Warner itself. GRRRRR!

18. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Nobody can buy discs through Warner and haven't been able to for several years (??early 2015 maybe). WBShop is currently owned and operated by Araca Merchandising so really aren't any different than any other retailer.

Other than Disney I'm not sure any of the companies run their own Home Video Sales shop anymore.
    Sony may still sell a few discs, but they are mostly a digital store now,

Fox sort of peripherally were involved with FoxConnect, but it's possible they are dead now,

19. GlennF

GlennF Second Unit
    Supporter

Glenn Frost
    Yes, but I still can't order through them. Tried last time. They said no. So I went to Import CDs.

20. bujaki

bujaki Cinematographer

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    People no longer know what alphabetical order means. The, A and An have become a way to alphabetize titles. Sad, really.

skylark68 likes this.