1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What annoys you?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Alf S, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    And they don’t get in a hurry either.

While we’re raging against oblivious slow walkers at the store, it never fails but I get behind someone walking so incredibly slow down the middle of an aisle while jabbering on their phone. And the phone isn’t even up to their ear. It’s turned up loudly on speaker mode so everyone can enjoy their conversation.

And what’s with people having a family reunion in the middle of the aisle? If you run into a friend or acquaintence, don’t huddle up and block the entire aisle like human cholesterol.

Tony Bensley, Malcolm R and bmasters9 like this.
  2. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    Browsing at Wal-Mart the other day, saw the two Home Alone movies in one package, blu-ray/DVD/digital copy. It was one copy on a mostly empty display. Price tag underneath said $9.96. I liked the price, but I felt like there was a good chance it wasn't accurate, since it was the only item on the shelf. Leave it there, but decided to keep an eye on the price, and it's likely to drop during the next couple of months.

Went back yesterday, saw multiple copies on a fully stocked shelf. (Different shelf, might have even been a different Wal-Mart.) $9.96. Put it in my cart.

Go through self-checkout and notice that the overall total is significantly higher than what I expected. Display shows the movies ringing up at $17. Oh, hell no. Void the item out. Have to wait for an employee to approve it. Look around and she's now at the usual stand. I just stand there awkwardly for a while, and set the movies over on the side of the register. Suddenly, it shows that it's been approved. I turn and see the employee back at the stand. Never came over.

3. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Yeah, they can do it remotely now if it suits their fancy.

bmasters9 likes this.
  4. bmasters9

bmasters9 Cinematographer

Ben Masters
    What I do not get is why they can put one price tag below a specific item, making you think that's what you'll pay, but when you get to the register, it rings up much higher.

(BTW, has it ever worked otherwise, where what you want to purchase rings up lower than the marked price?)

5. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    I think they were getting some items mixed up. There's also another version of the Home Alone blu-ray, with just the first movie, that's also available. It's probably some careless employees not paying attention to either their label making or stocking.

Ironically, the popcorn I was buying at the same time (primarily to obtain the VUDU credit) rang up 15 cents cheaper than the shelf price. Although that had me concerned, because I was worried it meant I got a variety that didn't come with the credit.

bmasters9 likes this.
  6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I've seen this a few times with blu-ray discs recently at Walmart, especially if they have separate UPC's because one has some kind of Walmart "exclusive". The staff doesn't check the numbers against the label when they restock. They just see the title matches and put it in the wrong slot. This was the case over the past couple months with Paddington 2 and A Quiet Place.

7. TJPC

TJPC Cinematographer

Terry Carroll
    Here in the great white north, if it is labled a price on the shelf, they must give it to you at that price. I have taken items up to the counter, pointed that out, been given the lower price, and watched clerks poop themselves running to the rack to change the price!

PMF, Tony Bensley and bmasters9 like this.
  8. bmasters9

Ben Masters
    Well, now, there's some place with honesty and integrity!

PMF and Tony Bensley like this.
  9. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    It works that way in Ontario unless it can be demonstrably shown that the item for sale differs from the tag description.

Somewhat unrelated, but one item that seems harder to find in London is no sugar added chocolate. The only place that we know carries it is very hit and miss. Today, the Mrs got her fudge, but I had to settle for Diet Pepsi. Trade-offs.

CHEERS! :)

10. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    I probably could have swung that, had the cashier bothered to come over. Unless they insisted on sending someone back for a price check, in which case I wasn't in the mood to wait, since the movies are in the back of the store.

11. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    That's why I always use a people staffed checkout lane if I have something that might be questionable on pricing. That way they have to check and don't get a pass. Sometimes the CSM will just go "It's OK... give it to him." - especially if they're busy. If not, they'll send someone to look it up. I don't mind waiting as I come out on the winning end 99% of the time. I do due diligence on verifying the tag with the product UPC or make sure it's a generic tag before heading to the checkout. I'll also check on a stand-alone scanner (which are getting harder to find as they don't seem to be repairing them when they die - at least they've not removed the few still working... yet) so I'll know what to expect at the register.

bmasters9 likes this.
  12. JQuintana

JQuintana Stunt Coordinator

Johnny
    I'm so tired of hearing people who can't stop using "like" or "umm" when they are talking.

OMG please stop that horrible habit!!

13. JQuintana

Johnny
    I hate sensationalized headlines.

Today I see an article saying "Majority of Americans Disapprove of _______"

Uhhh, no, there are MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of Americans and your poll of 1000 random people who claim to dislike something doesn't mean "majority of Americans" hate that particular "something".

bmasters9 likes this.
  14. questrider

questrider Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Brian
    This has been going on for years but today it really infuriated me. And that is people who when they are out in the public world driving act as if that world revolves around them. Going five to ten miles under the speed limit. Not paying attention at traffic lights. Parking where it is convenient for them but not for us. Basically just not being self-aware that you are out in public and that the roads along with the surrounding space belongs to all of us and not just one myopic individual. :angry: Be courteous! :)

15. JQuintana

Johnny
    Like x100

16. bmasters9

Ben Masters
    Unless they mean "the majority of the Americans we polled," in which case it might make sense and we'd know what the pollers meant.

17. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    You could always cook for yourself.

18. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    eta: I hate it when people on an escalator don't stand to the right if they're lazy. Move your asses over!!

19. Mike2001

Mike2001 Second Unit

Mike
    You know that eight sided red sign, it means STOP!

TravisR likes this.
  20. bmasters9

Ben Masters
    Like blocking off spaces by parking in such a manner as to cover several spaces?

PMF likes this.